06/02/2011

IS IT ALREADY BACK ROUND TO MONDAY?

So this weekend has consisted of doing copious amounts of research, my memory stick is now full to bursting with pages that must be printed out tomorrow.. yay for using up more print credits (not). Anyway enough of that, seeing as I couldn't be less of a fashion student if I tried I have really enjoyed looking into different sides of producing this skirt. I have had to look at fashion designers, illustrators and I have come across lots that I really like but I cannot post them all but I have decided to write about Garance Dore (hopefully that is how the name is spelt.) I came across these illustrations by accident I LOVE it when that happens your just casually pressing the mouse and boom it is in front of you eyes. I just love the cuteness (yuck) of these works, there is not really any other way of describing them. I love the simple lines and use of colour to compose the images and they look all the better for the simplicity. Both the images themselves and the use of text compliment each other. They evoke emotions and in a way tell a story.... ok so I don't have a clue what I am writing right now it seems quite silly reading it back. I am off now and will post the photos of my mood board tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment