04/03/2011

Breakfast at Tiffany's

 I am also sat here with my cold watching breakfast at tiffany's for the first ever time, I have been looking at both the fashion side of the film and the interior side. It has a lot of similarity's to what we see around today, although I am not sat studying it I have been looking at the wallpapers and a bath that has been chopped in half and turned into a sofa!! and thinking wow this was about then and it has either come back into fashion now or has remained here. Its really inspiring. Not only is it a beautiful film it is also beautifully put together with the sets and costumes, not to mention the icon that is Audrey Hepburn. I am just on a scene where they are in a taxi, it is really funny because the steering wheel is moving but the drivers frozen in the shot things like this add to the romance and the innocence of the film. Although this doesn't really appeal to me in a project kind of way those of you who are inspired by old films and things should really consider how amazing a project based on this kind of thing could be.

Here is the bath tub sofa that I spoke about both the original from the film and a more modern bathtub sofa with a vintage 70's print... its safe to say I am in LOVE but not for the price tag of $1,700

No comments:

Post a Comment