26/10/2011

Oops...

So I forgot to take photos of my different mono print outcomes but I will be in the Red Shed later and will be able to put up some images of them then... Although I cannot blog about those I can blog about an exhibition I went to last Friday. V&A... Power Of Making...


Off the tube and down the tunnel and we arrived... I decided to visit this exhibition in particular because I loved the title and the FREE price tag is also very appealing being a student and all. The aim of this trip to London was to find an object or piece to write our first VMC (visual and materiel cultures) essay... JOY!
Anyway it was a good chance to have a mooch about and look at some lovely pieces.


But first we had to walk through the luscious gift shop! So many beautiful things so little money! :( but I have got a few Christmas presents in mind ( only 59 days left!) We found this book that is basically an adult colouring in book which was amazing I want! And we also saw these flat packed beautiful birds and animals that you build yourself just lovely. Anyway back onto the topic in hand.




A prosthetic suit for Stephen Hawking with Japanese steel made by Micheal Rea... this was a pretty impressive way to start the exhibition.. I am still in the process of thinking about what I can write about as there was so many things that really caught my attention... but I have only decided to post a few.


Although I am not into fashion I was immediately drawn to this dress made out of over 100,000 dressmakers pins... totally amazing to look out but I feel would be a pain to wear... I'm too funny sometimes. 


Crochet Bear... made entirely from crochet 


'Alphabet', pencil-tip structures, Dalton Ghetti, USA. All of the leads of the pencils have been hand crafted into the letters of the alphabet so amazing!

Finally the L shaped suitcase that I am totally in love with made by Sarah Williams I just love its beauty and the amount of thought and effort that has gone into it! I would recommend this exhibition to anyone who wanted a fairly light hearted but engaging day out.. the exhibit is small but I liked the intimacy and the almost informal feel. It was a good chance to look at lots of new and exciting things and actually explore the meanings behind pieces you wouldn't of known by just looking at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment